Monday, May 2, 2011

Flats and Handwashing challange

I have been cloth diapering our newest little addition Jarrett since his birth and exclusively now for over a month. And I love it. I have been learning from the best and one of my favorite blogs to follow is kim rosas dirty diaper laundry.
So when she presented the flats challenge. Which consists of only use flats the diapers our grandmothers used, only hand washing and air drying for a week. I was up for it. With they way the econmoy has been and continues to be this is a wonderful way how prove that cloth diapering can be done for as little as 60- 100 dollars from birth to potty. Considering most people spend 50-80 a month that can be a substanchal saving. It has been reported that many people are having to pick between food or diapers, some have been leaving their children in the disposables for a reallly long time or even trying to clean and blow dry the diapers for reuseICKKKK. Here is a link to one of the stories http://manhattan.ny1.com/content/ny1_living/health/136289/high-cost-of-diapers-forces-some-parents-into-risky-practices?r=8793973370. Many families do not have access to washers and dryers and feel cloth diapering is not an option for them. But is doable. So for one week I will be putting away my fancy pocket diapers and all the other fancy cloth diapers I am so fortune to have And be doing it old school. I am so excited!! For more information on the this challenge check out http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/take-the-flats-and-handwashing-challenge-may-23-30/

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than I would have been! Sorry haven't been by yet... too many sicknesses, in and out of hospital with serious thing....too crazy. I want to come by soon! Let me know if you need anything ok! Lots of love to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete