Monday, May 23, 2011

Flats Challange Day 1- Ready Set go.

So today is the day. My sweet baby and I embark on the flats challenge presented by Kim Rosas from the dirtydiaperlaundry.com.
”#FlatsChallenge”
I will be using 12 osocozy bleached flats and 12 Diaper rite flats 4 flip covers (2 applix and 2 snap one converted by me using the kam snap pliers more on this later) and 1 econobum cover.

I will be washing in my tub and drying on the shower rod. Hoping my hands can withstand the washing and wringing out. The pioneers did it right in the dead of winter I can too right?? I am already starting to appreciate my washer and dryer more already.

I have been home all day and need to pack the diaper bag. I don't want any temptations so all my other diapers and put away and out of sight.

My baby is pooping like crazy these days. I am hoping the flats and covers can keep it contained. So far so good. We had one really icky diaper but it did not get on anything except the flat and cover, the cover will definitely need washed. I'm wanting to just pad fold the diaper for convenience sake but since he poops so often I might run out of covers so I am trying out the fancy origami fold, kite and still need to look up and learn more folds. It's kind of fun.

Not sure what we are doing for nighttime probably a flat wrapped around a prefold and a fleece liner. Will let you know how the washing and the nighttime diaper works tomorrow.






1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower, keeping up with the Flats Challenge! Please follow back if you have a chance! :)

    -Jessica
    And Then There Were 4...
    http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete